The Labor Day holiday has often been used to note the change from summer to fall, even though we still have roughly three more weeks of official summer before the autumnal equinox. No matter, the tinge of yellow on the trees, cooler early mornings and the onset of hurricane season all tell us that change is on the way. The change in natural cycles is also a reminder that the annual corporate budget season is just getting started.
As I write this, finance chiefs are dusting off their Excel budget templates and preparing to collect, consolidate and analyze spreadsheets in the annual ritual of creating a budget for next year. Over the next several months, organizations will be deciding what vendors to approve, which proposals to accept and what contracts will be renewed or cancelled.
More than ever, now is the time to keep your value proposition visible to decision makers. Here are seven reasons to keep marketing strong as we head into the fourth quarter:
- Success in 2019 begins today, given the long B2B sales cycle and fact that today’s proposals are likely for business that begins in the first quarter of next year.
- The competition is working hard to make sure your proposal is on the bottom of the pile. Don’t let them!
- Decision-makers often seek alternatives and competitive bids during budget season, but they won’t reach out to you if they don’t know who you are or have forgotten about you.
- When it comes to IT budgets, Security and Cloud are the priorities corporations have identified as needing to grow the most, according to a recent survey by Insight.
- If your customer has experienced a management change, either at the department level or in the C-Suite, chances are the new chief is bringing-in established relationships with other providers into their new role. Even if your contract isn’t up for renewal, you need to be visible to the new brass with business-focused content.
- Remind your customers why they chose you in the first place.
- Remind your prospects why they sought you out to begin with.
Next year’s success begins with this year’s budget process. Leverage content marketing to maintain and increase the visibility of your brand and value proposition during this critical time.
Contact Prism Group today at (303) 596-6000 or Erik@1PrismGroup.com for a free consultation on ideas for staying in front of decision-makers during budget season.
About Prism Group
Prism Group is a full-service management consulting firm providing marketing, investor relations and financial consulting solutions to the oil and gas, Energy Tech, oilfield service and financial sectors. We offer brand development, Content Marketing, marketing automation, advertising creative, website design, technical illustration, corporate valuation, non-deal roadshows, media and more. Leaders who are serious about building value and delivering results rely on Prism Group for strategic communications, marketing and financial advisory.
Prism Group is also a founding sponsor of the Energy Tech Showcase, where innovative companies meet customers and capital sources.